Extraordinary Vessels: Constitution & Destiny in Classical Chinese Medicine.
Time & Location
About the Event
Extraordinary Vessels are the unconscious blueprint (Yuan Qi) from which the destiny is acted out through the consciousness (Ying Qi) of the Primary Channels. Because they are the foundation from which all other channel systems develop, they are the most foundational of the complement channel system and ultimately the most powerful in that they offer the possibility of profound personal transformation and cultivation. This course will examine the development of the Extraordinary Vessel system via classical Chinese understandings of reproduction, conception, and gestation. The three ancestries of the Extraordinary Vessels and their relationship to genetic & personal expression will be discussed in detail. Finally, the course will cover each channel and important trajectories, point selections, symptom clouds, and approaches to treatment interventions.
Key Learning Points:
Participants will understand the theoretical foundation and clinical application of:
- Extraordinary Vessels as the channels of survival and evolution, and why the Yuan level is the most appropriate level for treating genetic & hereditary disease, and threats to the Shen’s destiny.
- The development of the constitution in utero, its expression in the organ system, and strategies for addressing constitutional challenges.
- Important clinical relationships between Yuan Level (Genetic), Ying Level (Visceral), and Wei Level (Immunological) disorders.
- The three ancestries of the Extraordinary Vessels as a blueprint for human development, physical and emotional maturation, and survival.
- The significance of Extraordinary Vessel trajectories and point confluences and clinical strategies for optimum point selections.
- Specific symptom and pulse indications for each Extraordinary Vessel trajectory, and the appropriate needling depth, technique, and treatment protocols for each channel.
- Management and mitigation of the rebellious qi that develops from Extraordinary Vessel treatment.
TIME & DATE: May 4 - 5, 2019. 9:00 am - 5:30 pm. Lunch break from 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
LOCATION: Boston, MA
CEUs: 14 continuing education credits by the NCCAOM, pending
COST: $350.00 Early (by April 1, 2019), $375.00 General. 75% refund if requested by April 15, none thereafter.
REGISTRATION: Click to register below, or contact email@example.com for more information