The Confluence of Nature & Nurture in Classical Chinese Medicine: Luo Vessels
Time & Location
About the Event
This is the second weekend of a two-part seminar on the Extraordinary Vessels and Luo Vessels. These weekends will be followed in 2020 by further classes on the complement channels of classical acupuncture from both Sean Tuten and Ann Cecil-Sterman.
Luo Vessels are repositories for unprocessed or overwhelming emotions imprinted on the blood. In this way, chronic, traumatic, or repetitive emotional injuries are stored outside of the primary channels (i.e. consciousness) until the body is ready to process and release the emotion. Any mental health issue can not be adequately treated without specific treatment of the Luo Vessels. This course will cover the metabolism of blood, the trajectories and mechanisms of Luo Vessel formation, the emotional experiences managed by each channel system, and the specific theory and treatment of Luo Vessel disorders. The course will address Longitudinal (emotional), Transverse (inflammatory), and Extraordinary (genetic) Luo Vessel Networks.
Day one and two will focus on didactic theory and demonstration of techniques. Day three will be a supervised teaching clinic in which participants will practice directly on patients in order to become comfortable with the techniques and application of the theory. In this way, participants will be able to immediately and confidently apply these essential treatments in their clinical practices. The course will provide 20 hours of Continuing Education.
Key Learning Points:
- Longitudinal Luo Vessels as the repositories of overwhelming or difficult emotional experience to protect the Shen
- The trajectories, diagnosis, and treatment protocols for the Longitudinal and Transverse Luo Vessels
- Visual diagnosis of Luo Vessels and the meaning of Luo Vessels located on Primary channel trajectories versus on Luo Channel trajectories
- Filling versus Emptying Luo Vessels and the clinical implications, protocols, treatment techniques, and prognosis for each
- The most effective way to treat inflammation of the organs such as bronchitis, hepatitis, and pancreatitis using Transverse Luo Vessels
- How environmental factors affect DNA and how to reverse environmental damage at the cellular level
- Transverse Luo Vessels as a system of triage to protect Zang-Fu organs from damage and terminal inflammation
For more information or to register: www.chinabooks.com.au/education